Updated Classic

Wednesday, May 22, 2013

//Jacket: My Design// Romper: AQUA// Heels: Ellen Tracy// Ring: H&M// Necklace: Forever 21//

When I found out that we were going to be assigned a jacket as our final project of senior year in my pattern-making class, I knew almost automatically that I wanted to do an updated version of a classic varsity jacket. I lettered in Varsity Cheer in high school, and though I rarely wore my high school jacket, it was a much less stylized and much more oversized, I loved the combination of plush leather sleeves and the felt body. When it came to designing my own, I wanted the colors to be light neutrals, but to be anything from boring. With the quilted sleeves, floral body, and bold zipper, it came out exactly how I imagined it: crisp, stylish, and able to make whatever it was thrown on top of instantly pulled together. 





I would love to hear your comments/thoughts about how you think that it turned out. They would mean a lot to me.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Leah it's tevy. oh my goodness you look beautiful and honestly this is a well constructed jacket, you did a great job on this and i feel like your work keeps getting better with every project, i love this!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...