Vintage Blues

Wednesday, July 17, 2013

/ Vintage Dress / H&M Clutch / Zara Heels /

One of my favorite parts about vintage pieces is that they are so one-of-a-kind. As much as I love my fast fashion stores, there really is something special about having a piece in your wardrobe that no one else shares with you. When it comes to vintage, I am quite particular about what I like, and it is usually in the form of devastatingly feminine pieces. This dress is no exception, and is probably one of my favorite pieces in my wardrobe. I knew when I saw it last summer at the since closed Zachary's Smile in New York City's West Village that it was a piece that really got to me. Hard to appreciate the details in photographs, everything from the delicate zipper to the inner construction shows the time put in to make this dress that you just don't find in your fast fashion pieces today. In styling this dress, I tried to complement the silvery blues of the bows that adorned the skirt and shoulders with my latest favorite metallic heels, snakeskin print clutch, and skipping on the jewelry-it clearly isn't needed.





Do you have a favorite vintage piece? One of my other favorites is a 1950's lilac prom dress that I keep hanging in my closet as a daily source of inspiration.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...