Winter Scarves

Wednesday, November 27, 2013

/ 1 / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 /

I never really understood the importance of a good scarf until I went to school in upstate New York. While jackets and heavy sweaters are definitely an important factor to winter dressing, scarves are surely the needed finishing touch. Aside from winter and a heavy chunky grey scarf that I wear almost daily in the winter months at Syracuse, I was never one to have a collection of scarves. I met up with a couple of friends from high school yesterday who were both wearing scarves (one, a lilac-y purple, and the other a darker floral). It got me thinking that when we live in colder climates with so many pieces that are worn daily (heavy boots, down coat, scarves, mittens...) why not have a few different colors of the smaller things like the mittens and scarves to keep the long season a little brighter and not as drab as typical blacks and grays--as much as we love those.  In the image above, I have gathered five varying styles that I would love to tuck underneath my jacket to keep warm while not jeopardizing in the style department, as well. Fun fact, the Zara piece (4) has chain running through it!

Do you use scarves in the winter? What's your go-to style?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...