Pop Rocks

Thursday, November 3, 2011

Home decor has always been something that I am interested in. I constantly think of how I will decorate and fill my future apartment, and in what style I will choose. In looking through my inspiration folder of images I am drawn to, I realize that my style as of now often contradicts itself. Contradictions in the sense of style and design keep us inspired and allow for innovative ways to incorporate our favorite pieces together harmoniously. In following with the previous post on Marcel Duchamp  Rrose Selavy, I found this quote that embodies how contradictions can really lead the path to creativity.

" I have forced myself to contradict myself in order to avoid conforming to my own taste."
-Marcel Duchamp 

I realize that while I am most definitely a color fanatic, I also am always stunned when an all white room can not only look crisp and heavenly, but also cozy and oh-so chic. So while I love an all white room in every sense, just a small pop of color can completes it for me. 

{123, 4}

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...