Giambattista Valli A/W '14 Couture

Friday, July 18, 2014


In case I haven't discussed my obsession with you yet that is the Giambattista Valli A/W '14 Haute Couture show, here it is. A black and white striped draped dress was what first hooked me in, as you all know I'm a sucker for bold black and white stripes. In doing further research via Vogue.com, I learned that the collection is "a late-sixties, early-seventies kind of freedom and eccentricity." The girl  of this collection is quite the traveler on vacation and as the collection continues it is as if she is dressing for the night's events having awoken from one the previous night. 


I've always had a thing for ball gown skirts with tops or t-shirts (Jil Sander Spring 2011, I'm looking at you!) The juxtaposition of evening wear with day wear (or in the pajama-esque top in the image above, bed-time wear, as well) just really works in my opinion, and is one that I try to re-invent often. 


Just when I thought that the ombre trend was finally a thing of the past, leave it to Couture to change my mind as soon as I've seen these cascading colors emerge in a new light. The crisp white button down tucked into buttery to neon yellows... I'm in love.




And, as mentioned earlier, while the colors were magnificent, bright, and enticing, leave it to classic black and white stripes to bring on the sophistication that pulls everything together. Not to mention, I would love to attempt the scarf turban situation. Perfect to throw your hair up in the summer heat, right?

When I dream about my senior collection this upcoming spring, these are pieces that I have in mind and a vision that I hope to somehow be able to similarly create. So, thank you Giambattista Valli for being a collection that I truly adored in every way.

Had you all seen this collection? I can't choose a favorite piece or look, but I'd love to hear yours!

Hope everyone has a great weekend ahead. 



Images via Pinterest + various Vogue websites

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...