Dress Up

Friday, December 6, 2013


/ image via

I've been drawn to everything pink lately (seen in this post). Currently in the process of making a pink top and pant set for my final in my draping class, it's safe to say that pink is constantly on my mind. In perusing inspiration for this week's Dress Up post, clearly this simple pink frock on Natalie Joos tugs at my heartstrings a bit. I love the simple shape and cut, but the slightly exaggerated sleeves (something I am doing to my garment, as well) and ways that she has chosen to style it (pale purple fur, sort of digital printed clutch, pink sunnies, and what seem like fuchsia suede heels) make it even more swoon-worthy. While I have seen plenty of perfect pink pieces (hey, alliteration!) lately, none of them have made their way into my wardrobe--yet. Natalie shows how with simple pieces you can either shift towards the minimal route and let the garment speak for itself or, in this case, add pieces to it that truly enhance the simplicity and special details in it anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...