A to Z: Raincoats + Rainboots

Monday, March 25, 2013


We all know that Spring brings plenty of showers for those May flowers, but with the downpours starting earlier than April, having the proper outerwear for the rainy weather accompanied with a pair of classic wellies will help to keep those spring outfits that you've been dying to finally wear nice and dry. While typically rainproof clothing isn't the most fashion savvy out of the categories, I've gathered some that will make you want to grab 'em and go dance in those rain puddles instead.

{1//2//3}
When it comes to rain jackets, you may or may not still be keen on that yellow one that you had when you were younger with the matching rain boots. I like a rain jacket to be stylish enough that it can be worn as a windbreaker for those windy days, as well and one that has some sort of interesting detail or pattern to it. The one that I have currently is in a classic navy with ivory polka dots and belts at the waist so that it creates a flattering shape, instead of a boxy one. In the collage above, I am absolutely in love with the lavender Acne raincoat (#2). This jacket is a perfect light shade for rainy spring days and acts as a nice neutral to whatever outfit you are pairing it with underneath.


{1//2//3}
When you get ready for the rainy weather, make sure that you don't forget about your footwear. Don't get me wrong, I love my forest green traditional Hunters. However, just like the rain jackets, when I look at this specific category of footwear, I tend to make sure that I would like to wear them multiple times in different weather, not just rainy. My favorite pair above is the Tory Burch pair with the patent leather uppers and her classic logo. I love how they resemble a favorite pair of riding boots, and you can definitely get away with wearing these when it's not raining. I got these in navy with a chocolate brown upper section on sale, and I always get asked if they are rain boots or not.
Point proven.

Do you have a favorite rainy-day outfit or do you incorporate your wellies into everyday-wear?




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...