The Mullet Skirt

Monday, April 9, 2012

        {top: bebe, skirt: bought at francesca's, watch: michael kors, shoes: steve madden, nail polish: essie, lipstick: chanel}


I have long admired the mullet style (the hi-low) for clothes but never felt that I could pull it off. When I found this skirt at Francesca's, (you can find it here, too) I thought I would give it a try just for the heck of it. Sure enough, I fell in love. I don't know if it's that I'm a sucker for anything polka dotted and navy, or that I just got in the shopping mood but I definitely love it. Paired with this delicate sort of shell top from Bebe and amped up with some bright fuchsia lipstick ( I told you I've been digging this color lately) and some heavy duty wedges, this is definitely an outfit that I am going to revisit for this summer. 



My dad even joined in on pictures for a bit, as he was fancily dressed--with a pocket square, too!




So, the moral of the story is to try something new. Whether it be a mullet skirt or mullet hairstyle (gosh I hope not), go for it. Here are a few other great "mullet style" pieces that I would love to sample out:

{1234}





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...