Preppy Pairings

Monday, January 20, 2014

/ Top: Urban Outfitters (old) / Skirt: J.Crew (old from sister) / Belt: Target / Necklace: Francesca's Collections / Watch: Michael Kors / Boots: 9 West / Ring: David Yurman / 

Well hello, 85 Dresses! It's been quite a while, hasn't it? I have missed this little blog so much, and looking through photos I realized that I hadn't posted this look that I said that I would. If you didn't know, I am currently in London studying abroad at The London College of Fashion. It's going amazingly so far, and I am doing daily updates on my travel blog if you would like to read a bit more about it. For now, 85 Dresses will be running a little slower (as you have noticed), but I promise, not forgotten!

Now to the important things---the outfit! I have many different styles, but I think that one of the first styles that I ever noticed to really start to form once I became obsessed with fashion was classic prep. When I think of classic prep, I think of J.Crew catalogues and lots of plaid and riding boots. This look is one that I had wanted to try out for a while, but was one of those that I just never did. I always knew that with staples like a perfect plaid button down and riding boots with fun additions like a gold glittered belt, gold accessories, and a velvet skirt would take that classic prep that I fell in love with at the beginning, and give it a fresh update to make it more prep with a pinch, as I might call it. :)






No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...