A to Z: Sun Yellow

Monday, April 29, 2013


Yellow is one of those colors that people either love or they hate. While members of the yellow family (think: marigolds and pastel yellows) are more popularly worn, bright sun yellow is usually not. With all of the sun that Syracuse has been having towards the end of the school year finally, sun yellow is the perfect "S" for this week's A to Z.

1. Usually during rainy days adding a pop of color with my umbrella is my best bet among a sea of black Hunters and rain jackets. This Tibi Rubberized Pea Coat adds the sun yellow on a day where maybe there is none, and with its classic shape and fit, can be worn on perfect weather days, as well.

2. While I am not one to sport sunglasses, I am actually quite a fan of them. There are so many shapes and styles out right now from super geometric and mod to extremely decorated almost works of art, that I can't help but be intrigued. I love the way that these are slightly geometric with their angular uppers and in a bright yellow to reflect the bright day that is causing you to wear them.

3. One of my favorite outfits right now is the short suit. I think that it is such a fresh take on a suit and when worn and styled correctly can be very glam. These No. 21 Floral Silk Shorts can just as easily be fabulous worn with a white T-shirt and gold necklace as they can with a matching blazer and pair of stilettos for a night out. Their silky fabric makes them more evening appropriate, and can also add that same sense of dress up, but with the ease and comfort of a pair of silky pajama shorts.

4. We all know how popular the fabric and leather baseball caps are in the blogger and fashion world lately. Though I haven't been brave enough to sport one out in public (yet), I am obsessed. With my love for mixing tomboyish style with feminine pieces, I have mentally paired countless outfits together topping them off with a cap as the finishing touch. This SKULLS one covered in lemons would be adorable with a crisp white summer dress and nude sandals.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...